Saturday, May 7, 2011

Are there any simple M&A deals around?

In the past 15 years I have been directly involved in about a dozen M&A deals in one capacity or the other. Most of these were within the technology industry, one or two outside it. So far I have mixed opinions on how easy or how fast M&A's are agreed and reaches closing. I am by no means an expert so your opinions are most welcome.

In most M&A I have been involved in I was mostly one of the guys sweating, working for the shareholders and top executives except for about 3 deals where I was actually a major shareholder and recently where I was actually driving it. While working for others I used to think that the executives/shareholders have it easy since they don't have to do the leg work. However recently I have a shot in the arm on how difficult it is when you are on the top side of the wall.

The most recent M&A I have been involved with was the most intense and took the longest compared to other deals I have worked on in the past and upon signature it felt good. Now the ideal scenario is of course a simple deal that closest fast. Is there any of those around?

No comments: