Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Are you paying for too much mobile data usage?

While reading news on the web, I noticed that CNN published an article regarding additional cost mobile users get when using too much data. The CNN Article can be found here. What surprised me was that AT&T  only has overage (when too much serviced is used) for data usage. This is surprising especially that AT&T have been using Carrier IQ in almost all if not all of its customer devices. I would assume that having an embedded CEM device agent makes this alerts easy to implement, not only that its very easy to implement (at least in the Customer IQ platform) but at least subscribers can have their own alerts.

Further to that subscription or usage charges should be visible to to every mobile subscribers either post-paid or pre-paid. At least with pre-paid subscribers they won't incur the cost. On my Telenor subscription I get notification only while roaming, it would be good to have the same find of overage notifications while I am not roaming at least it helps me control my phone bill amounts.

Thinking about it it should be easy enough to write an application that notifies mobile users when their potential cost of either roaming, data usage or simply phone calls are exceeding a particular limit. Now I wonder if INQUSO have that kind of policy control....


No comments: