Saturday, March 16, 2013

Swedish Customer Service, Does it exist?

This past month my observation of customer service in Sweden was both reinforced and rebuffed. After observing how customer service is delivered in Sweden I came to the conclusion that customer service in Sweden is very bad. Take for example when I went to an electronic store and wanting to buy a TV on the spot, so I asked a sales rep standing by the TV displays about a 55-inch 3D TV… I got the answer that its not his department so I should look for someone else to help me, well after minutes of searching found one sales rep and told him that I am ready to buy out of the store, including a Bose surround system… After showing me several models and when I mentioned which one I will get, the sales rep went away since he saw a familiar face (a friend maybe) and started helping that person…. After 30 minutes of waiting I just god fed up and left… away with me is a business to them worth 7000€… its a small potential purchase but then again this illustrates how bad customer service is in Sweden.

I was very surprised though that Orensundskraft proved me wrong. They did have a very good customer service. Which started with a phone call since I wanted to have electricity on a flat I just signed up to. After 1 minute of finding where it is, the sales rep on the phone agreed to send a technician to turn on the electricity on the building at my preferred time…. No hassles. Just to see if the good customer service is consistent, I emailed support and asked to change the date and time. I got a prompt response from customer support rep Charlotte that its OK to move to another on time of my choosing.. I chose a time, communicated it and looked forward to the technician showing in front of the door. On the specified time, on the dot the technician showed up, took him 2 minutes to sort everything out… What I got was a consistently good customer service. Congratulations Oresundskraft, you demonstrated that Sweden is not hopeless after all when it comes to good customer service….. Keep up the good work!

No comments: