Monday, September 30, 2013

Air France, The Airline that always say NO.

I travel a lot and with that a lot of flights every week. I have good experiences and bad experiences. Good experiences primarily on Asian airlines where the service is superb. In the past I never like flying Air France since their service is really bad, both ground and air. On the flight to Singapore I had to take Air France since its half the price of flying with Singapore Air. Although I should have known that price is directly proportional to price when it comes to Air France.







Transiting via Paris Charles De Gaulle airport was OK, no queues late at night, although the entire airport smells of new wood and new carpets, a smell so bad it gives you headache. My horror did not stop there. In most airlines I sample their customer service by throwing random questions. So I went to the lounge and inquire about changing my seat, and the lounge attendants best answer was go to the gate I have a colleague there, even with Platinum membership on my frequent flyer there was no service. That is something that never happens if you take any Star Alliance flight, where the lounge personnel will be more than happy to assist you change your seat.




So I went to the gate, approached a grumpy looking attendant who can only muster the words the flight is full, no seat on economy, no seat in business, no seat for you. I implored that he might be able to do something or upgrade me an I pay for it, but to do avail, no Platinum status in their frequent flyer program can help either. Not even offering to put me in a queue if another seat vacates…

Inflight services was horrible. When asking for coffee during the morning meal services the stewardess said  no for no valid reason twice. It also took several tries to get a cup of coffee.

 This is simply the one of the worse customer service I have seen… and very typical of Air France. The return flight from Singapore will be the last time I will ever fly Air France again out of my own choice.. Sorry Air France but you lose one frequent flyer and many more will stop flying with you on this kind of customer service. Perhaps it will help for their customer service managers to attend some good CEM Seminars… or Perhaps they should fly Singapore airlines once in a while to experience good customer service.





No comments: