Thursday, October 15, 2009

Changing my blog

Wednesday morning was the first time this autumn that the temperature outside went below freezing, winter just arrived. The sun is shining; it’s a beautiful day so I decided to cycle to work. After a few minutes on the bike I am almost regretting going by bike… the wind chill is far below freezing, my ears are frozen and my running shoes are stiff and icy…. The only consolation I get is the beautiful autumn colours exposed by the bright sunlight.

While having a brain freeze I decided to change my blog to make it a simple brain dump about my work. I will write something that transpired, that I thought or thinking, expose what I feel about what’s going on every week. This means there will be entries about managing a start-up, releasing products, arguments and imaginations.

This week was a very tough week my sleeping average went down from 4 hours to 3 hours. There’s a huge RFQ that I just completed, actually almost an impossible scope but doable and profitable given the right management approach and excellent strategy. I missed the LTE seminar in London yesterday (apologies to Abbey, CEO of AWTG).

Put out a public release of AWE to selected users, the platform is downloadable on the AmanziTel Wiki and is free. I also got to test which applications works and which doesn’t, so after first publishing the release 3 new versions have been made. Why are we giving away our software for free and what’s up with so many releases happening in a matter of weeks? Did I not learn from previous experiences in software development?

No comments: